Last Update: Wednesday, 29 June
How To Troubleshoot AOL Not Working Problem?
AOL Mail is the most renowned and free email service that everyone can use by making an AOL account and simple send and receive email service. This email app can easily be accessed on the iPhone and Android devices, and to enjoy its emailing services and features to do their professional and personal work. However, often users may become across an issue regarding AOL Mail not working on iPhone, and are unable to log in to their mail account. This is the most common issue which occurs due to certain causes but is also fix with troubleshooting solutions.
Solutions to Troubleshoot AOL Not Working Problems:
Here are mentioned simple solutions to Fix All AOL Email Problems When AOL Email Not Working on iPhone or Android devices.
Solution 1: Verify Internet Connection
First, you should check that your Internet connection is working because the AOL app not working or responding issue due an inactive Internet Connection issue. Else, you can turn on your internet connection by turning on the Data connection, and then see the AOL Mail not working on iPhone is fixed.
Solution 2: Turn ON Airplane Mode
Also, go to the control panel by swiping up on your iPhone screen and try to turn off the airplane mode for a few minutes, and then turn off the airplane mode again.
Solution 3: Verify IMAP and SMTP Server Setting
When AOL Mail not working on Android, then you should check the configuration setting SMTP server.
- Open AOL Mail app on your Android device.
- Login to your account by entering your login credentials, if have not logged in yet.
- Go to the outgoing and incoming server settings.
- Then go to & pick the manual setup option.
- Navigate to the ‘IMAP account server settings’ option and then verify there is a correct step such as:
- IMAP username: AOL Mail email address
- IMAP server field: 'imap.AOL.com'
- Port: 993
- TLS/SSL required: Yes
- Navigate to the ‘SMTP account server settings’ option and verify there is a correct step such
- SMTP server field: 'smtp.AOL.com'
- Port: 465
- security type: TLS/SSL
After that save the changes of the AOL Mail configuration and then close the Mail app. Then again, open the app to see the problem is fixed.
Solution 4: Update the Network Setting
Still, the problem is not fixed by applying the above solutions! Then you should try to Update the Network Setting on your iPhone and Android device to Troubleshoot AOL not working issue on the device.
- Go to your device “Settings” and then “General” setting, and then “Reset” option.
- After then there you will find & click on the option “reset network settings”. This option will aid you in resetting the Wi-Fi network details.
Solution 5: Clear Cookies and Cache Data
If both the above solutions don’t assist you in resolving the issue! Then you should try clearing cookies and cache data on your device by going to the device’s settings menu. This will help to remove temporary files to aid in free up desirable space to receive as well send emails.