Last Update: Wednesday, 7 October, 2020
Microsoft Outlook Not Working
Sometimes when an Outlook user is trying to access their Outlook account on a Windows 10 computer, they have encountered issues. Did you also receive an error Outlook not working while you are opening a file or even sending an email message via Outlook since upgrading to Windows 10? If yes! then don’t worry about it. In this post, you will get the complete information about How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Working in Windows 10 Properly with the best troubleshooting solutions.
Therefore, there are various reasons possible for this Outlook act or Outlook not opening issue. The issues such as corruption in default email clients make this difficult on your computer, DPI settings, Compatibility issues, Add-ins, Outlook current version issues, and so on. Thus, here are mentioned some solutions to swiftly resolve this issue.
Solutions to Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Working issue:
Solution 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
It is recommended to launch the Outlook app in safe mode to fix the issue. Then, first close Outlook, then press the ‘Windows + R key to open the Run box. Then type ‘Outlook.exe /safe, and press on the ‘Enter’ key. Then open the Outlook normally, and now you can work in a safe mode.
Solution 2: Disable the Add-ins
After start the Outlook in Safe mode, the next thing you must do is to disable the Add-ins by the following way:
- Go to the File menu, then go to Option.
- Then click on Add-ins.
- Click on the Go button in the Manage COM Add-ins.
- Then clear the ‘Add-ins’ checkbox to disable it.
Also Read: Outlook Password Reset Not Working | Fixed
Solution 3: Change File Permissions
Often Outlook not working due to the corruption of data since you upgrade the Windows 10 computer. In this situation, you can’t open the files because you have a file permission issue. Fix this issue, with the following steps.
- On the computer, desktop open your folder and then open Documents.
- Next, open the Outlook files to verify the security permissions for them.
- You will need to find a .pst file for your email accounts.
- If there is removed 'Home User permission', then Allow them.
- Then restart your computer.
- Probably, now your Outlook account will work fine.
Solution 4: Clean Installation of Windows
Also, try to perform a clean installation of Windows, in case your system checker is unable to find the error files. But before you must take a backup of your data & important files properly. Then try to reinstall Outlook.
Solution 5: Disable Compatibility Mode
In case, if Outlook not working is still not solved. Then there might be a compatibility issue. Then confirm the compatibility mode for your Outlook is not turned ON. If it's yes then, you should immediately disable the compatibility mode for Outlook 2016. Because many times, Outlook not opening in Windows 10, after using the latest Windows 10 Version.
Follow these steps to confirm that compatibility mode for Outlook 2016:
- Right-click on your Outlook’s desktop icon and then pick 'Properties'.
- When a panel of Outlook 2016 properties will appear on your screen, then go to the 'Compatibility' tab.
- Then uncheck the checkbox ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ option.
- Click on 'Apply', and then 'Ok'.
- Now, you can verify the problem is fixed.
Hence, with all the above solutions you can easily Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Working Windows 10 Properly without any delay.