Last Update: 7 days ago
TP-Link router not working, how to fix it
TP-Link routers are used for multiple wireless devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops at the same time and also for an Internet provider. Facing TP-link router issues is a common problem for us. But it is very easy to solve the problem. You need to make sure the internet works by connecting with the TP-Link modem and router. So you need to know the steps to troubleshoot TP-Link wi-fi router not working, given below:
Steps to Troubleshoot TP-Link wi-fi router not working
First, disconnect the TP-Link router from the modem and leave it for 1 minute and then connect your computer to the modem directly. If your computer does not have a good or stable connection from your modem, it indicates that the problem is with your modem or Internet service. First of all, you need to know the reason why the TP-Link router is not working, then only you can solve the problem with TP-link.
- If there is no problem with the modem, then you need to see the tips.
- Try changing the DNS servers on your router
- Update your router to the latest version.
- Check that the cable is firmly connected to the WAN port of your router. To check for a problem with the Ethernet cable, replace it with another Ethernet cable and check if the problem persists.
- The modem power cable and unscrewing the coaxial cable are necessary to unplug it.
- Plug the modem power cable back in, but leave the coaxial cable unplugged and wait 3-5 minutes and the coaxial cable can be reconnected and wait for the modem to reconnect and then check the IP and the service.
Then press and hold the Reset button for more than 10 seconds to reset the router and manually reconfigure it through installation. The above solution regarding how to configure a non-working TP-Link router is not enough to solve the problem, then you can contact customer service for detailed information on the matter.