Last Update: Thursday, 26 December, 2019
Hotmail Account Password Change Not Working
Hotmail, now known as outlook.com, was the first web-based e-mail service provider. It consists of a variety of features that are being used by professionals as well as general users. The services provided by Hotmail include email (free online) address book, calendar. It also provides online storage space on its cloud known as OneDrive, previously known as Windows Live SkyDrive. The Hotmail provides all these features to every user who signs up with Hotmail and creates a user account. Using a Hotmail account, users can communicate with other users online via formal or informal texts. Also, it reduces the overload of remembering the complex information of contacts.
Users can simply create their account on hotmail.com, now Outlook. com by signing up and they can access a variety of services on it. Since Hotmail account is providing a variety of services that include personal and sometimes confidential information, privacy and security is a serious concern. To maintain privacy and security in the Hotmail account, the user should change password from time to time. Hotmail password change is an easy process and it can be done instantly.
Following steps can be followed to Change Hotmail password:
- Firstly, log in to the Hotmail user account to access the account.
- Secondly, click on the display picture that is being shown on the welcome page or home page of your account.
- Now, click on the view account option from the drop-down menu displaying on the screen.
- You will find an option to change your password. Click on the option and you will be asked to enter your current password, enter as required and click on sign-in. The Hotmail or outlook .com will first verify your identity.
- Now, Hotmail will send a verification code on your registered mobile number or on associated e-mail address as soon as you click on the send code option being displayed on the screen.
- Enter the correct code that has been sent to you on your registered e-mail address or mobile number.
- After your account is verified, you will be redirected to a page, where you have to enter your current password and the new password that you want to update and then click on confirm and then click on Next.
- As soon as you click on next, a confirmation mail is sent to you regarding your Hotmail password change.
Users can opt for Hotmail password change or reset and secure their accounts from unauthorized access if they believe the password has been compromised. The above steps will be helpful in successful Hotmail password change and also be beneficial for maintaining security and privacy of your personal information.