Last Update: Monday, 3 February, 2020
Hoop app is a dating app and if you want to make some new friends so you just need to install the Hoop App on your device which is available on both Android and iOS. Hoop app is one of the world's best dating app where you can meet strangers from all over the globe. It is also offered the feature to see the stranger’s profile as well as the personal information with photos. Users can easily make friends and meet and date strangers through this App and for this reason, it is very popular in the present time. But users face lots of technical issues with Hoop App and one of the most common problems is Hoop app not working. So, if you are one of them and facing the same issues then you need not panic because here you will get proper solutions to fix Hoop issues easily. Just follow the below-mentioned steps.
The common problem for Hoop App not working:
- Hoop App is loading very slow.
- Hoop App Snapchat not working.
- The chat section is not working properly.
- Hoop App not opening.
- Hoop App is crashing many times.
- Hoop App not loading.
Above are some of the common issues of the Hoop app and if you are facing any similar types of issues, you need a quick fix right away. It has been seen that corrupted cache memory of the app is the major cause of all these issues, so you just need to clear the cache memory to fix Hoop App not working problem, let’s see how to do it:
Clear Cache to fix Hoop App not working problems:
- Just, go to your mobile and find the setting.
- Now, hit the setting tab.
- In the setting section, just to the Applications tab.
- Now, click on the Application tab.
- After then, Go to the Application Manager.
- Scroll down and search Hoop App.
- Click on Hoop App.
- Now, this time to hit Clear Cache.
- Move back to the home screen and restart your mobile device.
Therefore, after performing the above-mentioned steps Hoop App will work smoothly. But if still your Hoop App not working after the above-mentioned steps then you can uninstall the Hoop app from your device and then re-install it again and after that, the user needs to restart your android as well as the iOS device.